Major services of KOMMA reflect the meaning of associationâs foundation and existence
- Creation of new demand of machine tools for members
- Abroad relationship with overseas organization to exchange information
- Governmental assignments for developing manufacturing technologies
- Establish various strategies for machine tool industry
- Organize committees to share mutual interests
- Collect the machine tool statistics data and analyze them
- Publish the monthly magazines covering machine tool industry
- Organize SIMTOS, the Seoul International Machine Tool Show
- Chairman : Mr. Young-Doo, Kwon. The Chairman of HWACHEON Machine Tool CO.,LTD.
- Address : 6Fl., 13, Iljik-ro 12beon-gil, Gwangmyeong-si, Gyeonggi-do, Korea
- TEL : +82-2-565-2721
- FAX : +82-2-564-5639
- E-MAIL : email@example.com
- Current Members : 176 companies (as of 04, 2015)
- Creating demand
and promoting sales
of Information and
of new policies
- Technical surveys,
PR work and
Creating demand and promoting sales for products of member companies
KOMMA organizes exhibition, SIMTOS (Seoul International Machine Tool Show) in Korea and participates in overseas machine tool shows in a bid to promote domestic machine tools both at home and abroad.
- 1. Organizing machine tool trade show
- Seoul International Machine Tool Show (SIMTOS) biennially, in even years.
- 2. Organizing buyer delegation as well as Korean Pavilion to machine tool shows as follows.
- CIMT & CIMES (China)
- METALEX (Thailand)
- Other international machine tool shows (MTA, BIMU, Intermach)
- 3. Organizing trade mission to look for cooperation with other countries and export of machine tool to overseas.
Promoting international cooperation and exchange of Information
KOMMA creates mutual benefits between member companies by providing them with research results on state-ofthe- art technologies and management strategies. And we also encourage member companies to exchange information and collaborate with major overseas organizations related to the machine tool as well as industrial robot industry.
- 1. The annual Korean-Japanese Committee for Cooperation of Machine Tool Associations.
- 2. Korean-Chinese Machine Tool Manufacturersâ Associations Meeting.
- 3. Coordinating Conference between Asian Machine Tool Builders' Associations (Korea, Japan, China, Taiwan, India)
- 4. International conferences : The annual Executive Board & General Assembly Meeting of International Federation of Robotics, IFR, and International Symposium on Robots, ISR.
- 5. Regular machine tool statistics exchange with international associations(CECIMO, GARDNER Publications Inc, AMT, JMTBA, VDW)
Promoting the exchange of Information and development of new policies
KOMMA addresses temporary issues by organizing committees in various industrial fields to share ideas and trends among member companies. We organize eight-monthly committee meetings which suggest new policies to the relevant organizations and even government.
- 1. Organizing meetings between industries, academics and research institutions
- KOMMA carries out the following tasks in order to identify current issues in the machine tool industry and member companies, and then suggest new policies to enhance mutual benefits.
- Marketing Committee
- Export Committee
- Technology Committee
- PRESS Committee - Working - level Committee of sales and technology
- Robot Committee
- ISO Committee for Machine tool, Industrial Robot & Physical Device Control
- Human Resource Development Committee
- Special Committee for SIMTOS
Pursuing localization and improvement of manufacturing technology
- 1. KOMMA hosts seminars on trends and perspectives in the field of machine tools and industrial robots
- International seminars on machine tool technologies
- International Symposium on Machine Tools & Manufacturing Technology co-organized by Korea Society of Machine Tool Engineers
- Seminars on the perspectives of the machine tool industry
- Machine Tool Engineering Design Technology Forum
- Robot Workshop and Robot Technology Seminar
- Press workshop in which the industries, academic and research institutions can actively participate
- 2. KOMMA promotes standardization of machine tools
Joining the standardization project, conducted by the Korean Agency for Technology and Standards, MKE.
Management and PR work for ISO.(International Standardization Organization)
- Carrying out the ISO's standardization work
- Organizing the ISO Committee meetings
- Operating the Secretariat of ISO / TC39 and SC2 (for machine tools)
- Operating the Secretariat of ISO / TC184 and SC2 (for industrial robots)
Research on the Reliance of Intelligent High-Speed Processors (Korea Institute of Machinery and Materials)
- 3. Launching a project for the sharing and joint purchase of industrial machine tool parts
- 4. Promoting joint implementation of countermeasures against the PL law
- 5. Survey and PR work on patented technology, standardization and standardized data
Technical surveys, PR work and publiccations
KOMMA collects and analyzes a wide range of statistics on machine tools and industrial robots, and provides its member companies and relevant organizations with the data.
- 1. Survey and analysis on trends in machine tool industry
- Orders, productions, inventories, trade (export-import) trends by machine type and country
- 2. The publicity Campaign for Machine Tool Industry
- 3. KOMMA publishes and promotes the following publications with research and analytical data on the machine tools and the industrial robot industry
- Monthly publications, 'Machine Tools'
- Machine Tool Statistics Handbook
- Set-up of the data base system for machine tool statistics and its on-line services
- Yearly publications, 'Korean Machine Tool Industry'
- KOMMA's Activity Report and KOMMA Members Directory
- English version of publications to help member companies with exports
- The annual Korean Machine Tool Industry